Sky-Watcher Skyliner 200p Classic Dobsonian Telescope
Sky-Watcher Dobsonian telescopes provide excellent all round performance for the observation the Moon, Planets, Deep Sky Objects and Nebulae.
The Dobsonian mount, popularised by John Dobson in the 1970s, is a simple and efficient method of mounting a Newtonian reflector.
Based on the Alt-Azimuth principal Dobsonian telescopes are fast and easy to set up. It is a box-type mounting which allows the telescope to pivot in altitude, while the box itself is rotated on a base in azimuth. The secret of the design is to correctly balance the optical tube and use materials that enable it to moved easily when nudged but stay in position when not.
The mount is designed to be driven by hand as opposed to slow motion controls.
Features and specification
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x406
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 203mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/5.91)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Crayford-style Focuser
- Parabolic Primary Mirror with Protective Silicon-Dioxide Overcoat
- Super-smooth Azimuth Movement with Teflon Pads
- Diffraction Limited Optics
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Wooden Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray
- 77% more Light Gathering than 150mm